Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Random thoughts

I got bitten by something yesterday and have a whopping big itchy swelling around bite site. I took an antihistamine just at supper time and promptly fell asleep. It is now 0430 and I am wide awake!!
The other day I awoke at dawn and got up for my shift. I looked out and saw rough grey seas raging past the portal. I was warm and dry and still fuzzy from just waking up from a sound sleep. I actually marveled at the concept of a sailboat. We were in the middle of miles and miles of water, we were healed over, about 10 degrees, all around us the waves were pounding by, relentless, never stopping and we were safe and warm and dry, skimming along the top of the water, propelled by only the wind.  I can use the toilet, wash my hands, make myself something to eat, and then go out on deck and supervise the wind vane as it manages to steer the boat all by itself. 
The concept that man has made something that can harness nature is awesome. It is a thrill to be able to participate in that feeling and I suppose that is one of the reasons we have sailed todo el mundo. Thanks for listening.