Thursday, May 01, 2008

Ann and Barry continue to sail through the Marqueses. Last night their anchor did not hold and they awoke to the boat hitting the bottom. There is some minor damage to the keel and to the skeg in front of the rudder. The examination of the boat has determined that the hull has not been compromised and is perfectly safe to sail. They returned to Hiva Oa and have found out Tahiti is where they need to go to get the boat repaired. As a result they have elected to head for Tahiti now rather than later. They will determine if there are other boats intending on leaving soon and perhaps join another cruiser for the journey which should take 8 days. They hope to stop to spend some time at some of the islands along the way. We will keep you updated as we know more.