Wednesday, October 16, 2013


I decided to take some pictures to let you see what kind of a mess we are living with while we make our repairs, I did say it was a mess.
It is not fun.  We made some progress though, the carpenter came and fitted a bottom to this cupboard and I think the first set of chain plates should be ready to put back on today.  Then we will have to pull the next set. 
This is the cupboard where the bottom board was all water damaged and we replaced it.
Here are before and after picture of the dinghy oars. 
In case you were wondering how I managed to varnish an oar.  I hung it off the chain holding the jack stands together, it was protected from the rain by the boat and I thought they looked pretty good after 8 coats of varnish.  An innovative use for jack stand chains!!!