Sunday, December 06, 2015

Christmas Baking

I have discovered in the past few years that Barry is not really keen on Christmas.  When I suggested it was time to bake my Christmas cakes this year, he commented that we could just buy them.  I was affronted, I don't think any mass produced cake can compete with my mother's recipie. Then yesterday I decided to make the traditional shortbread cookies I always bake.  Trying to get Barry into the swing of things, I asked which cookie cutter I should use the most and he just grunted, when I pushed he said the smallest. When the cookies were cut I asked him to help cut the cherries. He said forget the cherries, don't you just pick them off and throw them away, no, I replied, do you. He reluctantly admitted that he ate the cherries. By the time I got to the end of the dough I decided to bake Barry his own special Christmas cookie.