Saturday, July 02, 2005


Well we did it!

We actually got a big, beautiful boat!!!

A 1984 Fast Passage 39.

VOILA ---- Yippeee!

Cat's-Paw IV



We finalized the deal yesterday. The boat is ours, we've paid for it, but we can not sail or motor on it until Wednesday. Shit, I can't believe I paid for it but can't sail it, talk about tremendous amounts of frustrations.

Although we can't sail it we do have the use of it at the dock, so today Barry and I scrubed and puttzed to our hearts content. Barry managed to change the navigation lights on the bow and helped me figure out how our bimini was attached. He saw where the attachments were, I'd still be looking. I scrubbed lines, cleaned the decks, stowed away a bunch of stuff and made ourselves at home.

We took time out to take the zodiac dinghy for a ride. There is no motor, the paddles that they had were ready to disinigrate to we took some huge oars. Have you ever tried to make a zodiac move with oars that don't fit? WELL, we evenutally use the oars as paddles and if we paddled at exactly the same time we actually went in a straight line. Two guys went whizzing by us in kayacks and one guy said, "Wow that's teamwork!" It ended up that he was moored in the next slip to ours so we had a nice chat.

I kept having to pinch myself to believe that I was traipsing up and down the deck to get stuff, and I belonged. I have a key to the marina gate and don't have to wait for someone to come by and then slip in like a trespasser once they are through. We have a BIG BOAT and it's ours.

If any of you are in the Victoria area this summer make sure you drop by for a visit. We would love to see you, you can reach us on cell at 250 812-0222.

I am hoping to get my pots and pans and cutlery and such like tomorrow so we can have a meal aboard. I have lists like crazy of things that need to be done, insurance, registry, have the fire extinguisher's tested, have the EPIRB re-registered to our name and on and on. IT IS SO MUCH FUN.

Happy CANADA DAY. Hope yours was as much fun as ours.