Friday, November 22, 2013

We are still in Grenada at the island of Cariacou in Tyrrel Bay.  We decided to reward ourselves for all the hard work we accomplished in our seven weeks on the hard, and go for a dive.  When we arrived at the dive site we found out the other couple that was diving were taking there advanced open water certification and the instructors talked us into taking it too.  We got five dives out of the deal, and we practiced our buoyancy, we had a deep water dive, a wreck dive, a night dive and a dive where we had to practice under water navigation.  It was fun  although a bit tiring with 5 dives in 3 days.  We are all done the diving and this afternoon we have to go over our answers for all the reading we had to do.
We are planning on leaving Cariacou and heading to Union Island in the Grenadines, which is part of the country St. Vincent and the Grenadines.  The name has a nice ring to it and in my head I sing it to a song by the Bare Naked Ladies.  We will probably spend about a week in the Grenadines and then head up to St. Lucia.  We will see, maybe longer in the Grenadines if we like the anchorages.  I am not sure how the wifi will be further north so thought I would put a blog on now to let you know what our plans are and if you don’t here from us, you will know where we are.
We had a tour of Cariacou the other day and it is a lovely island.  The guide was not nearly as good as the one on Grenada so that was too bad.  I plan to make my Christmas cakes one day soon, I think I have all the ingredients.  Barry doesn’t think I should because it is so hot and the cooking will really heat up the boat, but too bad, so sad, the boat will be hot for a day, it cools off very nicely at night now that we are at anchor.