Friday, April 22, 2011

ARRG... TURN BACK...YOU'RE NOT GOING TO MAKE IT


We are in the water heading north. We made it to Mooloolaba last night and enjoyed our brief stay there. We are now headed for the Sandy Straits on the west side of Fraser Island. We plan to do an overnighter in order to get there in the morning when the tide is right to enter the Wide Bay Bar. We will then go to Tin Can Bay to anchor. I guess that means we will have our Easter in Tin Can Bay and join our friend in Yellowknife that will be having their Easter on Tin Can Hill!!

We thought a sailing race that goes from Brisbance to Gladstone, about 300nm, would pass us by yesterday but they went across Moreton Bay and then went off shore whereas we are hugging the coast so we did not see hide nor hair of the boats. I was a bit disappointed, it would have been nice to see them screaming by.

Barry has a subscription to the Yellowknifer, the twice weekly Yellowknife newspaper and our youngest daugther, Heather, just got a job as a reporter there. We have really been enjoying reading her articles, she does a great job, with nice descriptive phrases and snappy endings to her stories. Keep up the great work Heather.

I have to note that in the Scrabble wars that take place regularly on our boat I am on a 5, I repeat FIVE game winning streak. This is unprecidented and I would like to say to Barry that I think I have "kicked your ass".


Happy Easter to all or friends and family. I hope the Easter Bunny is good to you, he plan on visiting Cat's-Paw IV and leaving a small contribution.






IT IS AMAZING WHAT PRESPECTIVE WILL MAKE YOU THINK