Thursday, January 31, 2019

Part has arrived

Whoopee, the part we have been waiting for arrived, 3 days after the original estimated time, but it finally got here. Now Barry just has to put it on. I left him to it and I am currently sitting at the laundromat listening to the dryer rotate. 


We have been busy doing odd jobs, one of the biggest was refastening the railing on the deck which had come loose.  Despite our extremely careful measuring on the inside and outside of the deck we were off by over 5 cm when we drilled a hole through the deck, something to do with the curvature Barry figures. Epoxy fixes  that very small hole!!  We also recaulked around all the ports.  The rail is now sanded down to bare teak and since I ran out of varnish, the choice is oil it or just leave it au naturel for the season. Barry has always claimed he likes it bare so maybe I will just leave it and see how it looks next year.  

We have been enjoying some lovely sunsets. This one is behind the boat 

this one is the view from the front.  The pics were taken on different days. My brother and I did climb up that peak to the right.  He got to the top of one part whereas I declined to go to the summit.  I was not in good enough shape to do it and I knew the footing would be tricky getting down. I did not want to take the rear end out of another pair of pants as I did when we climbed Pico in the Azores.  I was so tired then and my legs were like jelly so I slid down the difficult parts on my butt and wrecked a pair of very nice shorts. 



In the top pic you can see Bob waving at the top of the cliff.  The view is looking back towards the Marina San Carlos and then to the left of the marina a little further away is the boat yard.  I anticipate we will go in the water soon, so keep your fingers crossed.