Saturday, January 12, 2019

Working Hard

All three of us have been working really hard the last three days. The stove is installed and looks great.
Bob and Barry did some McGyvering and managed to get it fitting in the space and swinging freely on it’s gimballed settings.  
I have started removing the old varnish on the cabin sole and I am getting better at it as I go along.  It is a daunting job, on my hands and knees, with hot fumes wafting up in my face.  I have not burnt myself on the heat gun yet and I am determined not too. 
Barry fixed the pressure water today after much consultation on You Tube and with Bob, to figure out which way to put the new replacement fitting on. There was no water spraying about the galley after lunch so we assumed all went well. Bob spent the day taking off and then replacing the waterproof barrier in the cockpit lazarettes. It was a thankless job and he did it to perfection.  

I don’t know how many of you saw the quilt my Mom made for Barry and I after we completed our circumnavigation. It was made out of the remnants of all the material I had sent her from all around the world.  I asked her in the fall if she would make a tablecloth for the boat to match it. I am tickled pink to have something my Mom made when she was 90 to brighten up the boat everyday. It fit perfectly. Each piece of material conjures up memories of where we went to find it and the adventures we had getting it.  

Here is our corner of the boatyard complex with Bob’s truck and trailer and our vehicle tucked in between. We are located about 100 meters from the entrance to the work yard where Cat’s-Paw IV resides. You would not believe how nice it is to come back to the trailer to cook meals and not have clean up your workspace on the boat in order to eat or go to bed.  The best part though is not having to climb up and down the ladder to go to the bathroom before going to bed or first time in the morning.

This is one of the views out of trailer, every night the sun sets on these very distinct peaks. Life does not get to much better than this.