Saturday, January 26, 2019

Done



I have run out of varnish after 5 coats.  I should have thought about it and bought more, oh well. The floor looks great.  It takes 24 hours to dry in warm weather and I have been able to put on a coat a day. Yesterday I did not finish until about 1600 hours and it was cool overnight and today so the floor was still tacky.  We had booked a hotel for 2 days and I thought we might only stay for one night but now I am glad we stayed two.  I stepped from doorway to doorway to get our breakfast food and we went out to the local taco place for lunch. 
This morning I took the sander to all the edges of the floor that were on the wall.  The varnish had dripped over the edges and I was worried once the boards started swelling in the humid air out on the water we would never be able to lift the floorboards and acesss the bilge or the pipes or the electric wires!! I handed the pieces up to Barry and he fitted them in and we were done!
Afterwards, we had set off to the store with our trusty Subaru and filled it up with staples for our three and 1/2 months of cruising. It was quite the jaunt, first choosing and buying it all, then hauling it all up the ladder and stowing it. It took us 4 hours.  Thank goodness that is over.  



Barry is painting the bottom and I am changing the boat from a workshop to a living space.  Time to go make the bed and put all the tools away in their designated spots. 

Bob left on Thursday morning.  We spent the night before at a RV spot because if he wanted to dump his grey water he had to pay as much as it cost to stay a night so we moved from the boatyard. It was great to have 110 power, and the showers were truly a wonder.  There was a room that had a changing area and a sink and them separate areas for the toilet and the shower.  It was as big as our second bedroom back in Red Deer. The thing was the water was very hot and it came gushing out, no economy shower heads there, what a treat. I just heard he is home now.  He dropped the trailer off just south of Las Vegas and then booted it home in the truck. It was just great having him here to help, Barry gave him all the meticulous jobs that you needed to really pay attention to detail to complete properly. He was great at them. I truly enjoyed his company hiking as well. He and Barb,his wife, are planning on coming down to do some sailing in March.