Wednesday, March 26, 2008


To get a larger view of the map just click on the picture.




Lat 00 45.41 South

Long 90 17.775 West


Hello Friends and Family of the crew of Cat's Paw IV. As some of you know the crew set sail at approx. 11am on Tuesday, March 25th, 2008...their mission...to cross the Pacific Ocean. They departed from the Galapagos Island of Isla Baltra near the town of Santa Cruz and there destination is the Marquesas Islands in French Polynesian. They have approximately 3035 nautical miles to cover and they estimate it will take 30 days. THIRTY days in the big blue pacific are they adventurous or just plain crazy? Just joking of course, I am very proud of my parents for having a dream and then actually doing something about it. And who am I... My name is Trish and I am Barry and Ann's eldest daughter. They will be calling every other day with co-ordinates so that I can update the blog and we can all follow there progress. Mom asked me to make sure the map I posted was on a small scale so that it looks like they are actually getting somewhere so here it is.


PS I have never done any map plotting and posting before so I apologize in advance for any mistakes.