Wednesday, November 29, 2006

We are rounding the major cape before Cabo San Lucas. We had a very quick passage, estimating we would get here about 1600 hours, it is only 1045 and we are quite close, only about an hour to go. It was a super sail, winds were great, only one night of semi-sleeplessness and no disasters on the way. Our longitude at the moment is 109.60 W which means we are further east than Yellowknife, hard to imagine.
I am finding it hard to believe we are almost in Cabo. For years I have heard people at work and even my kids talk about going to Cabo, now we are hear, by SAILBOAT, who would have thought. All those years of freezing my ass north of 60 has just paid off in spades, not that I didn't enjoy it up there, but it would have been nice to have a Mexican holiday every once in awhile, but Barry would never hear of it. Now I will get to enjoy it for years, not just a couple of weeks. Hopefully I will have time and an internet connection so I can upload some pictures.