Sunday, May 23, 2010

Sent by Ann May 21 at 5:21 PM
Well, I think we have hit the SE trade winds, YIPPEE! The wind is at our back, finally, and we are flying the spinnaker, moseying along at about 5 knots. We have shorts and t-shirts on in the cockpit and life is good. Hopefully we will have a least a couple of days of this.
Just to clarify, time of arrival will be when we either tie up at a dock, a mooring ball or drop the anchor. We are headed for Savusavu which is about a days sail after we actually see land. The other choice was Suva and apparently it is not a great spot, quite dirty and a little rough so we opted to head for Savusavu. In order to generate some guesses out there I am going to throw in a t-shirt from Fiji for the winner. You can send me the size you want and the address you would like me to send it to and when I find an appropriate one I will put it in the mail. The winner will be the person that is closest to the time, it doesn't matter if you are over or under, an other hint is that we do not enter strange ports after dark. Okay I am going to send my guess into my brother today and the contest should close within 24 hours.